The original Municipal House – an integral part of the historically significant Jewish Quarter – burned down during the catastrophic fire in the ghetto in 1823. The new building was built in the Empire style using blueprints by Mathias Floch, the architect for the local nobility.
The Brandýs synagogue
First mention of a synagogue in Brandýs dates back to 1559. The current synagogue was built in 1829 after one of many fires. The builders used the old foundations and part of the perimeter walls from the main hall.
The synagogue in Březnice
The synagogue was built in the middle of the second, larger, square in 1725. Following the destructive fire of 1821, it was rebuilt in its original size and form thanks to the help of the Count of Kolowrat. As a sign of gratitude, the Kolowrat family’s coat of arms was placed inside the synagogue.
The Jičín synagogue and The Jewish school (house. no 100)
Construction of the Jičín synagogue was completed in 1773. The great fire of 23 June 1840 burnt the synagogue’s roof.
The Krnov Synagogue
The Krnov Synagogue was one of the few in the Czech borderlands to remain untouched by arson during the autumn 1938 Kristallnacht. It is one of the three remaining synagogal buildings in the Moravian-Silesian Region (the others are in Nový Jičín and Český Těšín). It is also only one of three to have retained its original appearance, and thus its historical value.
The Upper Synagogue
The most important Mikulov synagogue was the Upper Temple, or Old Temple, originally built in perhaps 1550 and expanded in 1689. Its current architectural look is the result of a 1719–1723 baroque reconstruction (perhaps with the participation of palace architect Christian Alexander Oedtl) after a fire.
The new synagogue
The local Jewish community established its first prayer house in 1693. In the 18th century, it erected a low wooden prayer house with residential quarters on the southern side of Rubeš Street (no. VII), which was used until the middle of the 19th century. The new synagogue was built in 1855 on the site of the former prayer house as a triple-nave building in the “Babylonian-Assyrian style” by architect and builder Stephan Walser (1813 Jičíněves – 1896 Říčany u Prahy).
The Old Synagogue
Plzeň’s Old Synagogue was built in 1859 in the gardens of the Jewish municipal house according to a plan by Martin Stelzer. The neo-Romanesque building has an auxiliary outer staircase to the upper floor that acts as an emergency exit. The main hall features a two-story women’s gallery on wooden pillars.
Synagogue and rabbinical house
The Old Synagogue once stood in the Lower Town in the courtyard of the house of Samuel the Jew at Růžová Street no. 73. After creation of the Jewish Town, in 1684 the authorities built a new stone-and-brick synagogue with vaulted ceilings, and also provided for its interior furnishings and wall paintings.
The Úštěk synagogue
The great fire of 1773 destroyed a wooden synagogue of unknown age. After the fire, a wooden school was built at the end of the Jewish street. In August 1794 the Jewish community asked the town for the donation of quarried stone for the construction of a new synagogue on the site of the school.